The UBERPENS Single Pen Box
We are very happy to offer a product we've developed in-house! For years we've been searching for the perfect type of box for a single pen, however unsuccessfully, we've decided to make our own. We drew our inspiration for its design from the single pen boxes that were given with the new pens in the 50s and 60s. These boxes could be very easily stacked in the store's shelves or drawers and the pen's model number, nib size or other specifics could be marked on the side of the box, so the sales person in the shop could immediately identify the desired pen and pass it over the counter. Every pen manufacturer offered some if not all of their pens in such boxes. We've longed for such a box for a long long time, but long no more; we finally have it!
We've designed the box to be optimal in size and fit ~%99 of all the pens in the world, not too small and not too big. It will fit vintage or modern pens, anything from a standard or oversize ballpoint pen or vintage Pelikan 120, up to some of the giant modern fountain pens such as Pelikan M1000, Montblanc 149, Waterman LeMan 100 and even larger. The box inner size is 148mm long X 19mm high X 20mm wide (5.83 x 0.75 x 0.79 inches), so it will fit even very thick pens up to 19mm in dimater.
The box is a simple but practical design. Unlike plastic tubes which are difficult to open or stack, or to be nicely marked/labeled while protecting the pen from the light and humidity, this box solves all of those issues:
- The top cover is 3mm shorter than the bottom base, so its super easy to grip and open along its entire length.
- It's not white, rather a soft beige/ivory color and the design is minimalist, allowing for plenty of free surface space to mark what's inside.
- The box is light but strong, it can take at least 6kg (~13lb) of force applied on its top or bottom surfaces. This is achieved with a origami like folding where the special paper which is 230gr./m2, is folded 4 times, so it becomes 920gr./m2 on its perimeter, nearly a hardcover book like thickness. This provides rigidity and strength even though the box made out of carton.
- The inner side of the box is intentionally left with raw unfinished paper surface so it can absorb moisture and keep the pen safe from humidity.
- In addition, if intended for lengthy storage (years), each box comes with a ziplock like pen size sleeve, super easy and convenient to open and close, which will protect the pen from humidity and scratches for decades.
This listing is for a pack of 5 boxes. Increasing the quantity by 1 on the counter, means 5 additional boxes. Due to volume shipping economics, each box ships out flat unfolded. Not to worry though, in your parcel we will also provide you with the simple instructions how to fold it. Video instructions coming soon! No glue or any tools are needed, just your hands, it's super easy and it takes about 20 seconds, after which you'll unsuspectingly reward yourself with a smile :)
Finally a box that will make it a joy to safely organize and store your pens with a style on your shelves, on your desk or in your drawers, take on travel, exhibitions, or use it for pen gifts. We'll hope you'll find it enjoyable and useful as much as we do!
This item is located in Europe and ships Worldwide.
At checkout you can choose between two shipping options:
$6.95 Regular Postal Service, Registered - Limited Tracking 1-4 WEEKS Delivery (Due to the corona crisis, this option is currently available only to several countries)
$29.95 DHL Express International - Accurate Tracking 1-4 DAYS Delivery Worldwide
Learn more about these shipping options.
Prior shipping our items have to pass our highest quality control inspection, are perfectly cleaned and tested by ProtoPens pen staff after which are carefully packed. If the pen does not come in its original manufacturers box, it is packed in a special ProtoPens case.
RETURS: Returns are accepted. You are welcome to ship the item back to us within 7 days after receiving it in the same condition it was delivered to you and we will issue you a full refund! Learn more...
(NOTE: If you don’t receive an email from us soon, please check your email spam folder)