Manufacturer/Model: Waterman Paris France/Sérénité
Year of production: 1999 to 2010; Pen here in mid 2000s
Filling system: Waterman Rollerball or Ballpoint pen refills - Original refills as well as new refills included
Material: Body & Cap: Lacquered Metal/steel, Deep Midnight (Blue-Violet-Purple) Metallic Finish; Clip, Front Tip & Grip Section Solid 925 Sterling Silver
Length (pen closed): Oversize pen, Closed 144mm; Posted 161mm! Extremely heavy pen 52.5gr
Condition and information:
One of the most amazing pens ever made, and easily one of our favorite pens ever! And simply put, the Waterman Serenite may just be The most beautiful pen ever made. The Waterman Serenite is difficult to describe, its unlike any other pen out there. At first glance, it seems as it's merely curved, but once held and used, this asymmetric shape gives a complete new meaning to a pen; one starts to wonder why there are not more asymmetric and curved pens such as this Waterman; it feels so natural and so sublime as it was just meant to write, be held as it just belongs in the space of the hand. There are octagonal, triangular, circular and many other shapes out there, however one thing they all have in common is that they are all strait, this one is not!
We have difficulty understanding how can a barrel and cap be made in this shape, when it seems as they are not cast.
The pen is extremely heavy, over 52gr., that puts it in a super heavy category out there, and when holding it, it really feels as holding an instrument which is more than a pen, it gets another meaning completely. Most importantly, the curvature is mean to just lie/rest/bend over the hand. Even if the pen is rotated in a different direction, it will naturally always take that position, curving over the hand, posted or not. The pen has several cool details worth mentioning:
- The clip and clip holder are asymmetric and made out of silver
- The clip is spring-loaded, and it is suspended inside the clip holder as a lever, so one can press the back side of the clip, and the clip will rise/open
- The pen can stand upright in any position, cap down; barrel down, or even upright when posted
- Instead of the front tip unscrewing, the sterling silver grip section rotates and it pushes the sterling silver tip of the pen upwards. This is done in order not to have the refill and collar rotating inside the barrel, rather the section rotates, i.e. the inside thread is the one that rotates, quite ingenious design
- The small Waterman inlaid plate on the top of the barrel is also silver, and it serves as a slot for the clip, so to make the posting easy, precise and it serves as a resting place for the clip as not to damage the barrel edge when the cap is posted
- The inlaid circular button/plate inside the back of the barrel is also silver. This is where the serial number of the pen is imprinted and its believed to be the number of the pen made in this series, in this case this pen would be No. 4197
- The pen can use both rollerball and ballpoint pen refills, as it was originally sold with both, but it can also use the correct size fineliner refills
Few excerpts from Waterman's brochure inside the box:
- Surpassing convention, the Serenite pen draws on the forces of nature to release its own energy. It shows us the world in a new light, in a moment of endless plentitude, a moment of Serenite.
- Witness with Serenite an amazing balance of all that is pure and original. It will stand upright, cap on or off - something no one else has dared try. Its curve mocks the elements bowing in the wind, only to come back standing.
- The brilliance of the silver is offset by the deep blue lacquer. One's gaze is lost between day and night, between sparkle and darkness.
- The solid silver clip stretches out... there is only one position for the pen with its cap on and only one with its cap off.
This item is covered by our 1 Year Full International Warranty at no additional cost. The terms of our Warranty are very simple, meant to give you a secure and trouble-free buying experience.
New Schneider Topball 850 05 / 811 European Euro Size Red Rollerball Pen 0.5mm Anti-Dry Refill Made in Germany$1.89
New WATERMAN Paris Standard International Format Made in France Serenity Florida Blue Small Mini Size Fountain Pen Ink Cartridges Refills - Pack of 6$3.95
NOS Parker Practical Hard Shell Protective Carrying Case Holder for One Fountain Ballpoint Rollerball Pencil Pen Made in Holland$10.99
Rare Paper Mate 48 / 52 Slots High Quality Black Leatherette Zipper Pouch Fountain Ballpoint Pen Pencil Case Holder/Folder
Regular Price: $149.99
Special Price $119.99
Vintage High Quality Genuine Black Leather Mini Kaweco Sport Pouch for 3 Fountain/Ballpoint & Pencil Set Pens With Badge$35.99
NOS Grey Rotring Showcase Clear Window Pen Case Box for 1 Fountain Ballpoint or Rollerball Pen & Pencil (R026897)$7.99
This item is located in Europe and ships Worldwide.
At checkout you can choose between two shipping options:
$8.95 Regular Postal Service, Registered - Limited Tracking 1-4 WEEKS Delivery (Due to the corona crisis, this option is currently available only to several countries)
$29.95 DHL Express International - Accurate Tracking 1-4 DAYS Delivery Worldwide
Learn more about these shipping options.
Prior shipping our items have to pass our highest quality control inspection, are perfectly cleaned and tested by ProtoPens pen staff after which are carefully packed. If the pen does not come in its original manufacturers box, it is packed in a special ProtoPens case.
RETURS: Returns are accepted. You are welcome to ship the item back to us within 7 days after receiving it in the same condition it was delivered to you and we will issue you a full refund! Learn more...
(NOTE: If you don’t receive an email from us soon, please check your email spam folder)